Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

What about akka and esme. posted 18 June 2006 in The Warrior ProphetWhat about akka and esme. by Callan S., Auditor

Esmi never actually accepted Akka as dead (I don't have any mental note of it, anyway), even after the seduction. The pivotal point, rather IMO, was the unearthing of the truth about her...dead...daughter.

To me, I'm amazed at how much Kellhus killed her. She had so much dimension before. If you imagine your fingers stepled against each other, that creatures a three dimensional structure as they apply pressure to each other. Kellhus killed one side of that pressue - the secret of her daughters 'death'. So the other side of the steeple falls flat and the dimension that was here, collapses and vanishes. Esmet didn't 'dump' akka, IMO, she died (in as much as if your pains define you, what happens when someone kills your pain?). This new woman loves Kellhus.

Then again, from her perspective it's apparent she's vanished. But after the chapters which talk about the inner and outer part of a person and how oen can't see the other, she says to Kellhus he says such delicious lies. Perhaps her insides have collapsed, but somehow her outside is still the esmet from before, the one who still loves/is an essential component of akka. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown