Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Slog of Slogs, Boys! posted 08 August 2011 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Slog of Slogs, Boys! by Athjeari, Peralogue

I had thought it was fairly easy to determine that the assassin Esmenet hired was in fact the White Luck Warrior. The way the assassins behavior and actions were described, it seemed like it was the White Luck to me anyhow (granted, I think it shows the White Luck killing the original, intended assassin). Esmi has absolutely no idea of course, but that's kind of the point. The White Luck is not confined to the principle of before and after rather he sees the continuous stream of time. Events that take place after are apparent to him in the before.

IIRC, nobody said anything about the Southern King being a competent battle-commander. If anything, I think it was shown that he was an inferior commander because of the choices being made. Not to mention the stress that was being put on them from constantly having to be on guard. Most of the competent battle-commanders from the South were probably killed during the First Holy War (from the Prince of Nothing).

I don't think it's certain that Chanv is burnt Nonmen either. It's referred to as Qirri (sp?) in the book, where do you make the connection to Chanv? Where would Iyokus obtain such a supply of burnt Nonmen? I think it's a bit different.

You seem to try and attribute full Dunyain abilities to half Dunyain Maithanet too. He's not as powerful as Kellhus, and he readily admits this at times.

The idea of eating the Sranc could be very interesting, but I don't think we have any reason to believe the meat will do anything but offer sustenance. They'll be eating actual meat, not ash. That may be a determining factor on the effectiveness of any power within the meat/body of the Sranc/Nonmen. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown