Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The White-Luck Warrior Conclusion (SPOILERS) posted 27 June 2011 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]The White-Luck Warrior Conclusion (SPOILERS) by ThePrinceofNothing, Candidate

Feel free to move this if a White-Luck Warrior thread is created.

Did anyone else expect a bit more from the conclusion? I don't intend this as a complaint or qualm with the book, but I have to admit I was expecting a bit more.

Specifically, I was expecting Bakker to reveal the contents of the text discovered by Akka in Sauglish (i.e. the document revealing the truth about Ishual); but then, I suppose that's the cliffhanger keeping people dedicated to picking up The Unholy Consult. I was just wondering if anyone else felt this way at the ending. Personally, I'm still invested and think this is one of the most epic and well-conceived fantasy series ever created. I was just anticipating a bit more reward at the end.

The whole revelation of the betrayal (of sorts) by the Skin Eaters was great though; the continual reminders of Akka's concern over his own betrayal was a well-placed red herring. I'm still not sure what part Mimara is going to play, but after her influence during the conclusion I'm intrigued... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown