Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The consult/Dunyain alliance? posted 19 May 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThe consult/Dunyain alliance? by Curethan, Didact

Lot of musings on various threads about the possibility of the Dunyain allying with the consult. The consult is certainly after the dunyain because of Kellhus and the Thousandfold Thought. Seems likely to me that they'll find 'em at some point before the AE, BUT

I think that the point about the alliance with the consult specifically related to Moenghus if you read that exchange again. Kellhus goes on about Moenghus' sins;
"when you come to believe, will be no different from the inchoroi. As Dunyain, you will be compelled to master the consequences of your wickedness ... and you will war as they war"

The consult and the dunyain have completely diferent aims. In general, the dunyain will choose death rather than to pervert their mission to aprehend the logos, reach enlightenment and create a self moving soul - which would precede everything, and therefore exist outside the circle of the world - which would be impossible if the world was closed off wouldn't it? (rather different from escaping damnation wouldn't you say?).

How this can be seen as basically the same as the consult's goal of destroying the world so they can avoid damnation and spend enternity finding new ways to masturbate is beyond me...

So, as I see it, the Dunyain seek to escape the world and achieve the absolute even though they believe the world is already sealed. And remember - they arrived at Ishual during the first appocalypse - so they could have allied with the consult back then. And the finding of an Anasurimbor when they arrived at Ishual was a great correspondance of cause...

But, you know, I'm really good at being wrong so...[/i] view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown