Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Mekeritrig posted 01 May 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMekeritrig by Entropic_existence, Moderator

Quote: "vercint":33eb08q9
I agree that Mekeretrig is an ambigious figure... as are all nonmen, I imagine. What he says to Kellhus is actually "I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness". Unless his memory is incorrect -- which it might be -- this means he fought on both sides in the Apocalypse. Perhaps Seswatha turned him at Dauglish, but there is no way of knowing.
He also says he has "scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath". This means little, I suppose, since he is one of the Consult... but maybe it means he was part of the Ordeal, and returned to the Consult only when the No-God awakened? That's a lot of side-switching though.
Oh, and when he first hears Kellhus' name he says "I can see his blood in your face". Who is referring to? It isn't Seswatha because he was of humble origins, not of royal blood. I'm thinking it is Celmomas, because Seswatha mentions him destroying records of Mekeretrig in Kuniuri, implying there was something personal between them. Why, after all, weren't those reords destroyed earlier?[/quote:33eb08q9]

Of course he was refering to Celmomas... the first gret foe of the Consult (backed by Seswatha). Seswatha was a constant presence during the Apocalypse but the Anasurimbors were just as big of a thorn in their side. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown