Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Aspect Emperor, Inrithism, Fanimry, and the Schools posted 15 April 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThe Aspect Emperor, Inrithism, Fanimry, and the Schools by glaz, Peralogue

i should have thought about it before posting, since the title "Chricstianity" is actually a loose term, since there seemed to be a couple of religions that call themselves "christians" even though their belief system may vary.

an example would be , say, Roman Catholicism and Protestantism (where one allows prayers offered to saints, while the other says that prayer should be said only to Yahweh.

EE, as to the statement "worship no other gods befoer me," i feel that it could be said in context to the present situation of the Israelites at that time.

they have just recently got out of Egypt, where they have been slaves for hundreds of years. they may have adopted the Egyptian religion, which is polytheism. but when that commandment was written, Yahweh wanted them to return to their old belief, just like their ancestors. which is monotheism. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown