Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Aspect Emperor, Inrithism, Fanimry, and the Schools posted 13 April 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThe Aspect Emperor, Inrithism, Fanimry, and the Schools by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

There's a Kellhus centric passage wherein he seems to be communicating with the world and it seems to be answering back. The passage begins can be found on page 289-291 in the canadian trade paperback edition.

In this passage, Kellhus can hear his name being shrieked and actively begins conversing with an entity that replies through seemingly natural phenomenon. I don't understand some of the imagery however one did stick out after rereading the book.

Kellhus seems to ask the wind, "What was I to do? Tell them the truth?" and amazingly the world answers. He finds a twig in his sandal and on it are two leaves. One green and healthy; the other brown and dead. I think this is Kellhus invisible voice telling him that he must murder his father. Seemingly Kellhus is opposed to this idea as he responds, "No, I cannot."

Of course, there might be some other explanation for this.

Any alternative suggestions or help interpreting the other images in this passage would be appreciated here

If you are referring to what Spamoram said ^ and my answer to him that he was recalling Leweth the trapper when he abandoned him in Darkness then yes i think im still right about Leweth

pg 289

Kellhus thought of snow hooded mountains, the flash of sunlight across glacial heights. He thought of deep forests and lost cities, of moss-limned statuary leaning from the humus. He thought of unmanned walls...
It seemed he could hear someone shreiking his name through frozen forest arches.
"Kellhus? Kelllhuuss!"
How far had he come?

Now after that point perhaps he was communicating with the world or the No-God or something even though i personally doubt that i think he speaks to himself or it is a part of the Thousandfold Thought but the passage above is most definitely Kellhus recalling his travel from Ishual.

The "Kelhuss? Kelllhuuss!" part ultimately i think makes me right as if you go to page 25 in Darkness Leweth says exactly that.

I could go on about other things that make me right but if anyone else disagrees with me and has good evidence to argue please post. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown