Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Kellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. posted 11 April 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtKellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. by Curethan, Didact

Haha. I like the thought of Kellhus as evil, but I would like someone to present one "evil" act the guy has performed....
Sure, he manipulates people, but their choices remain their own. And the method of his manipulation is certainly not evil. Possesing an encyclopediac knowledge of the scars of the soul and your current emotional state, he knows your possible answers and simply choses the right question. When I manipulate my child in a similar fashion in order to compel him to go to bed or perform a chore, am I too being evil?

Well, I guess it is an aspect of human nature to resent those more powerful/intelligent than oneself, and to pity those less capable than ourselves.

I would refer to Frederik Nietsche (Beyond Good and Evil) for an insight into the concept of the superman as represented by the Dunyain in PON. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown