Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Do you believe a God exists? posted 17 March 2006 in Philosophy DiscussionDo you believe a God exists? by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

i really can;t be bothered to read through 8 pages of this, so i'll just leave my bit...

i believe in god, but not as some being, but as a force of energy that gave us life. everything has a cause and effect, so if life began on this planet, there had to be something to cause it.

i'm pretty vehemently anti-christians*, and i find it hilarious when others think this is simply a rebellion, that it's 'cool' to not be christian. which i don't buy for a moment. i was never baptised, i've neve rgone to church in my life (aside from weddings and funerals) and i was never brought up to believe in such things.

*i'd like to add that i'm not necessarily against christianity itself. it seems like a good enough religion, in theory. no worse than any other. but somewhere along the lines, its believers messed it up and started killing in the name of their meek and gentle lord. i cannot believe in something that people have used for such atrocities. i also know many good hearted christians who are willing to allow others their freedom to believe what they want. others, preach and evangelize and it makes me sick. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown