Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

kellhus == good guy?? posted 03 February 2004 in The Darkness That Comes Beforekellhus == good guy?? by banditski, Candidate

i originally posted this on a discussion board for a song of ice and fire, but i think it should get more response here...

-----

maybe i'm too into asoiaf - and all the twists that comes with it - but i somehow see kellhus as being a 'bad' guy. at first i thought he was kind of a 'prince who was promised' kinda guy - the ultimate badasskicker. but now i'm starting to wonder if he is part of, or a different faction of, the bad guys.

i doubt that he's in with the non-men, but the non-men aren't necessarily with the no-god. quoting the non-man from the prologue, "i have ridden both against and for the no-god in the great wars that authored this wilderness." so being the enemy of a non-man doesn't make you a 'good guy'.

at least i'm quite skeptical that kellhus is simply out to assassinate his father because he 'polluted' the dunyain 'isolation' - which kellhus is doing all over the three seas now, incidentally...

-----

it doesn't make much sense now when i reread it, but the point is that i'm really doubting which 'side' kellhus is on... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown