Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Why are Kellhus and Moenghus of the Few? posted 16 March 2006 in Author Q & AWhy are Kellhus and Moenghus of the Few? by stormchaser, Candidate

I too wondered about the seeming coincidence that Kellhus and his father were both of the Few, and the answer I came up with was not so much that they were both Dunyain, but rather that they are both Anasurimbors. Their distant royal ancestor Celmomas II was clearly capable of prophecy, and thus was likely one of the Few. It follows that if some of the Dunyain are now capable of sorcery, then the genetic source of that ability likely lies with the Anasurimbor line. Remember that the Dunyain themselves don't even believe in the existence of sorcery, and also that the Dunyain/Anasurimbor connection came about purely by chance (or so it would appear). It seems to me that Dunyain conditioning is certainly responsible for Kelluss' uncanny ability to quickly master the Gnosis, but may actually have very little to do with his being one of the Few. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown