Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Ciphrang, altogether confusing posted 15 March 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtCiphrang, altogether confusing by Spamoram, Candidate

Quote: "Edge of Certainty":18whjuxd
Oh, I have a whole slew of questions about the Ciphrang. Ok first, and maybe I should be asking scott this but, why aren't they mentioned in the TTT glossary?

second: are they Vulnreble to chorae and if so why? It's on page 325 where those three Ciphrang descend onto the First Temple and broke through the roof and the Voice tells them "Fall upon them!...Rend them! Only in their midst will you be safe from the Chorae!" Also on page 326, the Ciphrang called Setmahaga falls when he is struct in the eye by an "absence" which is how Schoolmen refer to Chorae.

third: What's this voice they're hearing? Again, I curse myself for not rereading the books, but I don't remember reading anything about any "voice" in relation to the Ciphrang.

finally, this has more to do with the Daimos than the Ciphrang, but, When Iyokus calls them, what's the deal with him drawing things....Is it an addition to the utterals and inutterals?[/quote:18whjuxd]

Can't answer your first question.

They are vulnerable to chorae. They seem to be creatures of energy/sorcery and chorae is especially designed to unmake sorcery.

The voice is Iyokus'. The other books wouldn't have helped you here.

Sorcery is more complicated than just utterals and inutterals. You obviously can use inanimate objects to enhance or hold sorcerous power and cants. Examples of this are the Wathi doll, the Urobian(sp) circle Akka was chained in, and chorae. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown