Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Critique this phrase posted 12 March 2006 in Philosophy DiscussionCritique this phrase by Sokar, Auditor

I would say that the statement is fully correct, however, taking Fantasy in its broadest possible meaning. Fantasy is not merely a story telling, for me it is the myths of the past, the Gods, the Ancestors and whoever else you have from the surreal world. After all it is these that have ignited the fantasy of today. By including these types of fantasy, I would say that fantasy can indeed be, and has been, a medium of desires and fears.
This does not, however, mean that proletariat is the only one using this medium, I would even say that it is the bourgeois, until recently, that has used the medium. Fantasy has been, in my opinion, the law, which in whatever society, is created for the sole protection of the bourgeois first, and only after as the protection of the mass. This is a different descussion though.

To the other point stated out, I would not agree that there has been a blur between the bourgeois and the proletariat, I would call it a shift, but only in economic perspective. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown