Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Worldhorn & Heron Spear posted 03 March 2006 in Author Q & AWorldhorn & Heron Spear by Diem Kaye, Candidate

I think a laser is a bit more original than having it merely be some 'holy weapon'. The only thing I'm torn on is whether I want it to be found again.

Because, on one hand, it does seem pretty obvious that it's going to come back, and if my guess is at all right, Akka will probably be whose possession it ends up in. Now considering that by the time the Aspect Emperor comes around Akka will be almost 70, I don't think it'll stay in his possession for long. I'm looking towards either one of Kellhus's kids or some new character that hasn't been introduced yet.

So although I doubt anyone will be surprised if it does show up, I have a feeling a lot of people would be pissed if Scott gave so much attention to it and then just said, "Actually, it was destroyed the whole time! Ha ha, gotcha, suckers!"

And then, one last question for Scott, who will hopefully be able to answer this (and hopefully I haven't missed this little shred of info somewhere in the glossary) without giving anything away for future storylines.

So here's the question. Why is the Heron Spear called the Heron Spear? Was it because someone thought the light shot out of the spear just like a heron? Or was it just one of those things where you're sitting back late at night and you think, "You know what? That name kicks ass! Heron Spear, it is then!"

Just out of idle curiosity. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown