Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Kellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. posted 03 March 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtKellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. by Linnea, Candidate

Yes,I excuse Cnaiur a lot because of his mental illnes but if the Inchoroi are aliens,do we even know if they are capable of what most humans would consider an ethical behavior?
If "fault" is something they only learned about after coming to Earwa then perhaps their own thoughtprocess is quite like their creations.They still might only understand such things as intellectual concepts and be incapable of any true understanding.Not that that would make them more fun to meet...

I`m not bothered about Kellhus ruling the Three-seas,sociopath or not.For the average person I don`t think it would matter,they aren`t going to meet him personally,they would probably suffer more if he were a bad administrator or something.
But I´m not sure he would bother changing the society of the Three-seas very much.Is slavery and the subjugation of women really that less effective,at least in terms of fighting the Consult?
I can see him instituting training for all born to the Few wether they were women or slaves since a sorceror is so useful but why would he object to the mistreatment or inequality of people in general?
His own position is a feature of an unequal society and he wold probably e better served if people obeyed their betters so to speak.
Also,even if he wanted to change these things,would this really be the right time?Fighting the Consult and affecting world spanning societal changes at the same time seem a bit much.And then there are economic changes,and protests from those who benefit from the current society.
I´m sure Kellhus could do it if he really wanted to but it seems like it wouldn`t be worth the effort.
I don`t know but hopefully Scott will write almost at the speed of light... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown