Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Kellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. posted 02 March 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtKellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. by Ikiru, Candidate

I couldn't disagree with you guys more. Kellhus is completing his father's work of preparing the Three Seas to face the No-God. Sure, he did some terrible things, but they were all part of the Thousandfold Thought's plan to unify Earwa before the return of the Consult to battle. Put it this way - the Holy War was horrible, but the Second Apocalypse will be worse. Anything that helps humanity survive the No-God's coming is ultimately good. Including the death and upheaval caused by Kellhus, which transformed the world into one ready for the No-God, at least according to the Thousandfold Thought.

I also can't see why you guys think that things must be selfless to be morally right - that seems a very simplistic, traditional conception of morality to me. Besides, is Kellhus really "selfish"? He's not out for personal gratification. Everything he does it out of duty - first to the Dunyain, then to the Gods, in preparing the Three Seas to fight the No-God.

It's not pretty, but sometimes you have to go with the lesser of two evils. Kellhus is interesting because he's a savior with a twist - he's not a stereotypical good guy.

As for there being no real challenge for him anymore - I think the Second Apocalypse will pose plenty of problems, even for someone as godlike as Kellhus. The No-God is immune to the Gnosis and all sorcery, remember? view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown