Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Kellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. posted 01 March 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtKellhus, his divinity, and his "good guy" status. by Darlan Laerdon, Commoner

Hi there, newbie and avid Bakker fanboi Darlan here, and I was wondering what everyone thought about Kellhus.

I get the impression from some idle snooping around that Kellhus is generally considered the good guy, or hero of the story.

Personally, I get the impression that Kellhus will turn out to be the badguy, or at least a not-so-good-after-all guy.

My reasons are thusly:

1. Kellhus thinks he is something more than a dunyain, due in large part to the halos about his hands that he and everyone else sees. But looks are more often than not decieving, and, as Kellhus himself proved, just because something looks holy, doesnt mean it is. Kellhus's actions, at least before the circumfixion, definatly were evil things done for selfish reasons, namely his mission to reach Shimeh. The point is, he put on the look of holiness, but inside, he was just a detached user of humanity

2. Kellhus brings war. Kellhus brings murder. Kellhus brings manipulation.

Does Kellhus bring healing, does he bring love?

Zin would tell us the answer to this one, but I think thats a bit beyond him now.

3. The dream of Akka near the end of TTT.

In this dream, we see a modified version of where the nogod comes upon anaxophus, but instead of moving to stop him, the king simply stands there, repeating what the nogod says, as doom comes closer and closer.

This dream can be interpreted in many ways, but personally I think it represents what is to come. Kellhus, the precieved savior of humanity (ana) instead of saving the world when the nogod comes, is carying out his will (repeating what he says).

Anywho, just wondering if anyone thinks the same about these events, if its all already been done, ect. Love the boards and such, and definatly love this series. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown